National Certificate:Project Management
How and when can I attend?
This is a 1 year programme that is delivered through 6 classroom block lectures of 5 days each. Learners receive learner guides with relevant information to cover the specific outcomes, essential embedded knowledge and cross-field outcomes. Students are required to complete a number of Portfolio of Evidences (POE) for submission to the assessor and moderator.
The project management course may be delivered at our premises or alternatively we also tailor the course to be delivered in-house with adequate attendees.
What is it about?
The primary purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with a foundation of basic project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further project
management related competencies.
- Competence to be an effective project team member.
- Competence to provide administrative support to a project manager and team members.
- Competence to provide assistance to a project manager of medium to large projects.
- Competence in specialised technical areas to support project management processes.
Learners found fully competent will achieve the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) qualification ‘Further Education and Training Certificate: Project Management’. The SAQA
number for the qualification is 50080; it is set at National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 4 and is worth 136 credits
What can I expect?
The course is based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI ®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ® ) and aligned to the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) Qualification identification number 50080 ‘Further Education and Training Certificate: Project Management’.
- Implementing and assuring project work meets quality requirements
- Project documentation management to support project processes
- Contribute to project initiation, scope definition, scope change control and project risk within own field of expertise
- Develop a simple schedule to facilitate effective project execution
and monitor, evaluate and communicate project schedules
- Explain fundamentals of project management
- Implement project administration processes according to requirements
- Participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budget for a project and monitor and control actual cost against budget
- Plan, organise and support project meetings and workshops
- Work as a project team member
- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral communication
- Write texts for a range of communicative contexts
- Read analyse and respond to a variety of texts
- Use the writing process to compose texts required in the business environment
- Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems
- Engage in sustained communication and evaluate spoken texts
- Represent analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts
- Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues
- Apply a range of project management tools and techniques
- Evaluate and improve the project team’s performance
What’s in it for me?
On achieving this qualification, learners will be able to:
- Work with others to undertake or support the project management activities.
- Assist the project manager and/or project team by contributing and participating in planning, execution and control activities.
- Provide support to the administration of a project.
- Supervise a project team of a small project to deliver project objectives.
- Describe and apply specialised technical methods, tools and techniques to a project to deliver project objectives.