Better Business Cases Course
What is it about?
Change initiatives often fail at the first hurdle as the business case fails to convince senior management of the return on investment.
Creating effective business cases and spending proposals is therefore critical to securing funding and management buy-in. It is important therefore that individuals have the opportunity to develop their capabilities to create, review and adapt effective business cases.
Organizations adopting this proven approach can expect a reduction in unnecessary spending and improved decision-making process, whilst project teams have a greater chance of securing necessary funding and support for change initiatives.
What does the course cover?
- Introducing the Business Case
- The nature and purpose of a Business Case
- Business Case Objectives
- Main Points
- Business Case preparation checklist
- Business Writing Skills
- Writing an Executive Summary
- Business writing – trends and errors
- Principles of effective writing
- Elements of style
- Rules for effective writing
- Writing a Business Case
- Executive Summary
- Proposed Project
- Costs and Benefits (Qualitative and Quantitative)
To understand the lifecycle of business cases in relation to the Five Case Model.
- Business case framework including how to address key questions.
- A structured way of thinking.
- A step-by-step approach.
- Collaborative working.
What’s in it for me?
- Establishes a clear need for intervention (a case for change)
- Sets clear objectives in terms of return on investment.
- Considers a wide range of potential solutions ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risks
- Sets out arrangements to ensure successful delivery of the proposal.
How is the Course presented?
Our experienced internationally accredited trainers deliver interactive and practical experiences through:
- Virtual instructor-led on Zoom (requires laptop and stable internet connection)
- At your premises (for groups)
This is an intensive 4-day course:
- Foundation – 2 days
- Practitioner – 2 days
Based on demand, training is run during the week, on weekends or alternately during evenings.
What is included?
- Digital accredited course material
- Better Business Cases e-Book (hardcopy available upon request)
- Foundation sample exam paper and answer sets
- Full Practitioner sample exam paper, answer and rationale sets
- 4 days training
- Examination fees
- PDU and CPD points (ask us)
How will I be examined?
Foundation Exam: Multiple choice, 40-minutes, closed book exam. Delegates must obtain 50% (25 out of the 50 available marks).
Practitioner Exam: Objective Test Exam (OTE), two and a half hour, multiple choice open-book exam. Delegates are presented with 4 questions worth 20 marks each. Delegates must obtain 50% (40 out of the 80 available marks).
Exams can either be conducted as:
- Classroom – online or paper based
- Your premises – invigilated online by one of our invigilators
Exams are conducted during the training courses.
“This course was an eye opener and I gained invaluable knowledge”
Better Business Cases – Justice