Fundamentals of Project Management
What is is about?
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the project management discipline and to enable you to start operating in a project environment by understanding the terminology used and interpreting and explaining the fundamental concepts of project management.
It also aims to assist you to achieve the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) unit standard ‘Explain fundamentals of project management’. The SAQA number for the unit standard is 120372; it is set at National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 4 and is worth 5 credits
How is the Course presented?
Our experienced internationally accredited trainers deliver interactive and practical experiences through:
- Virtual instructor-led on Zoom(requires laptop and stable internet connection)
- At your premises (for groups)
This is an intensive 3-day course.
Based on demand, training is run during the week, on weekends or alternately during evenings.
What is included?
- Learner Guide
- Exercises and assessments
- PM Academy attendance certificate • 3 days training
- PDU and CPD points (ask us)
How will I be assessed?
The assessment methods may include:
- questioning, observation, oral discussion, pre-set questions, simulation, assignment, tests/exam, written explanations and reflection, self assessment
Learners seeking SAQA accreditation will be required to:
- complete a Portfolio of evidence (POE) for submission to the assessor and moderator.
- Portfolios are optional, at an additional fee. Portfolios are completed during the course and handed to the facilitator on the last day.
Students Portfolios assessed as Competent will be submitted to the Services SETA for accreditation with SAQA, if this option is chosen.
What does the course cover?
This 3-day course is based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and aligned to the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) Unit Standard identification number 120372 ‘Explain fundamentals of project management’.
- Introduction to SAQA, the course and unit standard,
- Administration that is required for assessment,
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- From strategy to project tasks,
- Organisation structures,
- Processes and activities:
- IIntegration Management,
- Scope Management,
- Time Management,
- Cost Management,
- Risk Management,
- Quality Management,
- Communications Management,
- Human Resource Management, and
- Procurement and Contract Management.
What’s in it for me?
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Explain and describe essential project management terminology
- Describe the Project Life Cycle
- Distinguish between a project and operations
- Understand the process of Project Management and the triple Constraints
- Understand the organizational structures and the importance of authorities and responsibility
- Understand the ten knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide and the five process groups and how to effectively apply them
- Explain the activities to effectively plan, execute and manage projects
- Understand how to successfully close a project
“I loved the course pack and the pace of the course”
Fundamentals of Project Management – Tobi Enigbokan/center>