P3O® Foundation & Practitioner
What is it about?
P3O supports and is aligned to PRINCE2®, MSP®, M_o_R® and MoP®. It brings together a set of principles, processes and techniques to help the project management office (PMO) provide a balanced portfolio of change and ensure consistent delivery of projects and programmes across the business.
It provides a centre of excellence for the
organization which includes the setting of standards.
It is a flexible approach to supporting, controlling and assuring change initiatives because “one-size does not fit all” and your version of a P3O must be matched to your organizations situation and needs.
How is the Course presented?
Our experienced internationally accredited trainers deliver interactive and practical experiences through:
- Virtual instructor-led on Zoom (requires laptop and stable internet connection)
- At your premises (for groups)
This is an intensive 4-day course:
- Foundation – 2 days
- Practitioner – 2 days
Based on demand, training is run during the week, on weekends or alternately during evenings.
What is included?
- Digital accredited course material
- P3O e-Book (hardcopy available upon request)
- “P3O in a Nutshell” handout that explains the Principles, Themes and Processes in a student friendly manner
- Two Foundation sample exam paper and answer sets
- Two full Practitioner sample exam paper, answer and rationale sets
- 4 days training
- Examination fees
- PDU and CPD points (ask us)
What does the course cover?
- Differences between Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
- Developing a Business Case for implementing P3O
- High-level P3O model and its component offices
- Key functions and services of a P3O
- Reasons for establishing a P3O model
- Differences between types of P3O model and the factors that influence selection of the most appropriate model
- Processes to implement or re-energize a P3O
- Tools and techniques used by a P3O
- Purpose and major responsibilities of the defined roles
How will I be examined?
Foundation Exam: Multiple choice, one-hour, closed book exam. Delegates must obtain 50% (35 out of the 70 available marks).
Practitioner Exam: Objective Test Exam (OTE), two and a half hour, multiple choice open-book exam. Delegates must obtain 50% 40 out of the 80 available marks).
Exams can either be conducted as:
- Classroom – online or paper based
- Your premises – Peoplecert proctored with a voucher valid for 6 months
“As a first time P3O attendee of the course all I can say is that every day is a interesting discovery.”
P3O – Sharon Mohale – virtual class July 2020